The Australia New Zealand Marine Biotechnology Society aims to be the primary voice of advocacy and representation for all aspects of marine biotechnology in Australia and New Zealand through developing and engaging in collaborations between scientists, technologists, investors, government, industry and community; informing educators and policy makers; and organising activities for the enhancement of science and exchange of knowledge and technology.
The Committee bases its operation on our 5-year Strategic Plan that has the following elements
- Have an active and growing society
- Run innovative and engaging conferences
- Influence national plans and policies in Australia and New Zealand
- Facilitate industry growth and investment in marine biotechnology
- Facilitate education and training programs in marine biotechnology
- Develop and implement nation-wide programs to bring the marine biotechnology R&D community together
- Develop and participate in multinational projects
- Develop an indigenous engagement program
- Develop strong national and international alliances with other marine societies
Members are encouraged to help implement any part of this plan. To find out more please contact the President Prof. Wei Zhang.